Monday, April 6, 2009

Ice Cream Party!

Tonight the boys and I had an ice cream party! It was wet and wild! Not to mention Hunter had a squirt bottle filled with water and it ended up on all of our faces!

I also sat down with Mason and studied some of his pre-test for the up coming Oklahoma state tests next week. I think he needed the one on one time with me. I thought back when I was a kid and remembered when my mom used to help me. She was always there for me when I had a problem. I remember having those sick days and her letting me stay home. We would sit on the couch together and laugh at the t.v. shows. She would always tell me that I was smarter than I thought. I knew I was, I just wanted things to happen quickly instead of with patience.

As Mason and I finished our session; He said, "thanks mom". Right then I knew what I had done in those small hours had helped him with his confidence and education. These are the joyous moments in my life.

For the last year I have turned the television off. I don't think I have watched one movie all the way through besides Twilight of course. I turn on the news once in awhile. I've lost interest I guess. The kids need me more so that is where my priorities are anyways. It's also nice to be out of the world so to speak.

Matt is calling so I better get to him. Soon he will arrive home safe in our arms. That will be a moment of joy! I want him out of Afghanistan!

No comments:

Post a Comment